In Malaysia there are three main types of company structure:
- Limited by shares – Sdn Bhd or Berhad
- Company Limited by Guarantee [CLBG] – Non-Profit Organisations
- Unlimited liability – Sole Trader / Partnership etc
Before incorporating your company, it is important to understand the different requirements and benefits or otherwise of each type of structure. For example, with a Sdn Bhd company, you can begin operating as soon as the entity is registered, whereas with a Berhad company structure, you cannot. Have a look at our article here to understand more.
Ready to get started?
Here’s what we provide and the requirements:
Incorporation of Sdn Bhd / Berhad Company
- Proposed Company Name Search & Reservations with SSM
- SSM Filing Fees Included (value RM1010)
- Preparation of all Incorporation Documents
- Online Incorporation & Filing with SSM
- Provision of Registered Office Address
- Minimum of 1 Director [Minimum of 2 Directors for Berhad Company]
- Minimum of 1 Shareholder
- Minimum of Only RM1 Paid-up of Capital Required
- For Berhad Company, after incorporation, application to SSM for certificate to commence business before operations can start
You may decide that you want to register your company as a Berhad entity, for example if you are intending to go for listing on the stock market as a way of raising capital. Once you are ready to proceed, click below to get started.